
This may seem silly, but I am quite pleased with my list of "25 Random Things About Me." You know, that silly tag game on Facebook.
I found my muse in emilymr and crafted my list while at work.
Here you go, for my non-facebook readers.
1. I am really going to miss blogging and doing facebook while I am at work. Once I leave this job, as my own boss at private practice, I cannot possibly let these bad habits continue. Productivity, here I come!
2. I am so happy that my siblings will both be married by this summer. I can't wait to hear about their joys of being married. Of course, I will welcome tales of "can you believe what s/he said?"
3. My dad used to help me with math and science homework. He would always say that I needed to review my basics, and he would launch into this long lecture about this theorem or that theorem while I studied his alopecia. To this day, he can't comprehend how I managed to move beyond trigonometry. Frankly, I can't either.
4. My mom used to make sludge for lunch. Those were the pre microwave days, and she wasn't going to heat each thing up separately. Therefore, she reheated the soup, then threw in rice, stirfry, whatever we ate the night before. If we had fish the night before, it got a little tricky... The food always looked the same, yet always somewhat different. She valued time much more important than food, obviously.
5. I used to shake my little sister's bed and scream "EARTHQUAKE" to scare her.
6. I once waited in the dark for my brother to come out of the shower, then I jumped out and scared him to death. He was naked. Awesome.
7. Before I dated Hubby, I was determined to date a member of the Claremont Cycling Team. Have you seen those outfits? (Hubby was the captain one year.) To be honest, it was kind of awkward, to try so hard to avoid the area below the waist.
8. I am clearly congested and sick today, because I am so disinhibited.
9. I got my one and only traffic ticket as a senior in college. I was speeding, and I PASSED the cop.
10. I sell a lot of stuff on craigslist. I throw away a lot of stuff, stuff that Hubby still wanted and needed.
11. I do my Christmas shopping the day after Christmas. Then I store it all in my very lovely storage closet in the garage. I take it all out the day after Thanksgiving and admire my own good taste.
12. I once held a patient's hand so tightly that he had to ask me to let him go. I was more scared than he was, and he was getting MAJOR surgery! He also didn't actually want me to hold his hand. He gave me a weird look when I asked him if he wanted to hold my hand.
13. I made myself faint once while I was retracting someone's bowels. I was SO bored. Better to pass out and get sent to the lounge.
14. Despite my intense fears of reptiles, I had to live with a snake for 8 weeks in the summer of 1999. Phobias can be overcome. (However, once I moved out, I lost that ability to tolerate these beasts.)
15. Once I compiled our registry for our wedding, I became obsessed with wedding registries. Other people's registries. People I didn't even know.
16. I thought about becoming a home economics teacher in 8th grade.
17. In 9th grade, I made a model of the female reproductive system for extra credit.
18. I made a baby swallow her own spit-up when I rotated through pediatrics. She looked like she had stuff coming out of her mouth, and I tilted her just so and she swallowed it back. The nurse exclaimed, "What are you doing? You just made her swallow her own vomit!" I thought I was doing her a favor.
19. My favorite thing to do in NYC was this: Go to Redeemer for church, then lunch with friends, then walk around town with Hubby until late. Sometimes we went to the Met, sometimes we just walked around aimlessly.
20. I played the violin for about 5 years. Then I stopped formal lessons, and then I forgot how to play it at all.
21. I studied voice in college. Then I went to med school, and now I try to croak out some music for my children.
22. I played the piano for my entire childhood, even thought about studying it again in college. Now, I only play songs from Les Miserables.
23. I forgot to pack an outfit to wear underneath my med school graduation gown. Rather than going in my underwear, I bought a dress in 10 minutes.
24. I make excellent hot cross buns. Before I ice them, they look like breasts. Like I said, I am rather disinhibited today.
25. When I feel really stressed with my kids, I will remind myself that I will only be 47 when the nest empties. That is only 16 years. That is like doing med school four times. Or residency four times. Or med school and residency twice. I can do that. No problem.
No comments:
Post a Comment