Indeed, aside from terminating with people, I have lots of charts to close, and writing a brief summary for each and every patient for the new doctor. For a new doctor, these little paragraphs are the best presents ever. When I started a year and half ago, Dr. D had left me paragraphs like "Somaticizer, meds do not work" and "Only getting treatment to stay in this country." These were invaluable comments gleaned from his many years working with these people. Since I haven't work these people for nearly as long, my paragraphs might not be as insightful, but I would like to think, really fun. Things like "She does best on Seroquel. Do not mess with the regimen." Or for someone with serious BO problems, "She lingers..."
I guess what I am saying is that I will miss these people and writing a little something about them is ceremonial, in that I really cement what I think about them, and it is my little way of contributing to their recovery.
Of course, the best kind of sign off is the kind that I refer a patient to a whole other clinic. Or, completely close the chart.
But alas, I have digressed. Today is an educational day. And I am getting educated. By the way, I have to turn in documentation as to how I am getting smarter, and while I am earning continuing medical education credits, I found this tid bit of information. Apparently, in California, MDs are required to turn in 25 CMEs per year, whereas ODs' requirement is higher, at close to 40 CMEs annually. Interesting, huh? Then there are states that do not require CMEs, like Colorado. The injustice of this system!
However, since I am home alone, I am also taking care of the house. Serious tasks like using my thermal cooker for the first time, cleaning up the play room, planning a lunch with Hubby, taking Aidan to the dentist, and of course, use Hubby's laptop while he is at work. To find recent picture of A&Z for all of you.
They are so cute, aren't they?

Last night, as I was about to fall asleep, I told Hubby, "It would be interesting if I go back to work at Fancy Private Hospital (where I worked before Z was born, and we recently had dinner with the medical director there. Dr. H is just awesome and I don't know if we are stringing each other on, but he keeps saying that when he has an opening next time he would offer me the job, and I keep telling him that we would love to consider that,) don't you think?" Hubby was incredulous. He said, "You are the only person, ever, to be starting a new job, your OWN practice, and you're talking about the NEXT JOB?!" I blame it all on my anxiety about leaving and being on my own.
But I am also excited to be with A&Z more, to be moving at a slower pace, to enjoy the moment.
2 comments:
Wow, I never noticed how much Z looks like W!!!
so sweet! i like the sleeping cat too. :)
Post a Comment