
Dear President Mugabe,
How are you?
Because you have been widely denunciated throughout the world, I think you would welcome this news: You're getting a new friend. Well, not exactly like you, but in terms of inflation, perhaps like you.
As you know, our newly elected President Obama has signed into law our latest stimulus package. I have no idea where he is getting this money (actually, I know- borrowing from Chinese, which is disturbing in itself...) but there will be trillions of American dollars being pumped into our financial system. To help those with foreclosures, to 'build infrastructure'- whatever that means.
As for the desire for this stimulus to help with foreclosures, I have to go on a little bit of a tangent. Since we live in California, where most people can only afford to buy homes via jumbo loans, this essentially excludes most Californians from receiving any benefit of this, and let me not even go into should we bail people out for making poor choices. As for what is the benefit, I am not entirely clear, and I suspect, the White House isn't entirely certain either. They say that it will help with property values...etc, but perhaps property values need to be adjusted back to some semblance of sanity through foreclosures. Furthermore, I don't know if throwing money into the financial system is a sound solution fundamentally- 'we' have given GM billions but they are wanting billions more? Well we be printing money like you soon when the Chinese stop lending us?
That will bring us to incredible inflation, and for what? To be more like you and to make a friend in you? I really have no idea. Meanwhile, you might be getting a call from the White House soon to inquire about how to expedite money printing process, so that we can look like this:

God bless,
A&Z's Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment