
As much as I love reading The Wall Street Journal, these days, I mostly avoid it. It is just too depressing. Opening up the Market Place section means that I will be reading about plummeting profitability, decreasing demands, and defaulting jumbo loans. The personal section brings news about young people who cannot afford colleges, parents who are so desperate for their children to find an work that they PAY to get their kids into 'necessary' and unpaid internships. Let's not even go to the front page. Actually, let's, because I have this to say about the Chinese prime minister who is blaming the global recession on America and it's policy. Well, you sure didn't complain when Americans were buying all your stuff and you were so very happy to be lending for our national debt. You're just angry now because we are not buying your stuff anymore (as much as before anyway, don't worry, we will still buy some) and you can't sell your loan to other people, because by selling it, you will depreciate it! You too, own a part in the madness.
Along those lines, the stock market is now back to the levels in the 90's. I am wondering, if housing prices will ever adjust back to the 90's. That would be VERY BAD for all my friends (and myself) who have purchased real estate in the last 10 years, and I doubt that will happen. However, people also didn't think the economy would go up in flames either...
So anyway, I am looking for new reading material. Last night, I "read" Redbook. Apparently, I am a 40 year old, need to spice up my sex life and I really want to lose weight. I am not sure which one is better, getting depressing news about the economy, or realizing that I am getting OLD.
No comments:
Post a Comment