We decided that we ought to paint the interior of our humble abode- the lovely new doors sure deserve a backdrop of new paint, of lovingly picked colors.
However, I am having a very hard time picking colors. The nuance between all those shades is beyond me.
Or not even that. I can't decide what color to use for the children's rooms. Aidan asked for blue, but wouldn't that be just so stereotypical? Do I then use pink for Zoe's room?
I did paint my own room pink once. It was atrocious, absolutely the worst pink, ever. Being of Chinese descent, I have this gene that only feels at peace with beige. (But have you seen how many shades of 'white' and 'beige' Benjamin Moore makes?)
I worry that I might go too light- so light that I won't be able to see the color. I worry that I might go too dark- so dark that we might die of claustrophobia.
I can't even decide on warm vs. cool tones. With such excitable family, we really need cool shades, but then I wonder, if they would grow up to be cold hearted people.
So I am thinking of stealing people's choices. Some people recently chose 'goldfinch.' Another friend chose 'flowering herbs.' But both seem so daring too me.
I am a whimp.
I think Aidan's room will be either polar sky, or breath of fresh air, or blue haze, or polar ice.
Zoe's room will possibly be hazelnut cream, or latte, or soft satin, or pristine, or old fashioned peach.
I know I can consult a colorist, but that would take time, money, and energy... for such nuance that I probably won't appreciate.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Why, yes, I HAVE seen how many beiges and whites Ben Moore makes. It's enough to drive a girl insane. The best part is that they all look different in your house from what they look like in the store. MWAHA!
You know what else is funny? Next to the colors we had in the house before, Goldfinch seems relatively tame. In fact, Adam has referred to it as beige (though it totally isn't). You might consider Barley. A friend had it in her house, but on our walls it looked white (though it totally isn't).
I would go with the colorist. You will save yourselves a lot of $$ in the long run if you decide you hate the colors you picked and have to repaint the whole damn house.
Trust me. I've wasted WAYYYY too many hours trying to find the perfect shade. You need professional help. :-)
Post a Comment