Sunday, September 7, 2008

Why Do I Have So Much Stuff?

Our contractor, Taylor, requested that we empty out our closets, so that he could get inside and install casings, baseboards...etc. So far, we have only vacated 3 closets- the hall way closet, the linen closet, and the pantry- those with doors, and already, we clearly own way too much stuff.

I found dinner napkins that I had registered eight years ago, with tags still attached. I found way too many sets of sheets, way too many blankets, and just way too much stuff.

Note to people getting married and compiling registries- don't bother asking for table clothes, unless you KNOW what size table you will end up having, and you know you won't shrink your table cloth. We had a square table when we got married, and so I have these square table clothes, but no square table. I also have an oblong table cloth, but I shrank it after the first wash, and it is just not the same anymore.

I also have gabillion baby blankets, ones that people made, ones that Chinese people made... Must get rid of them.

I shudder at the fact that sometime next week, I will be emptying out our wardrobe closets...

No comments: