Thursday, September 11, 2008

TJ's and Other Thoughts


Here is a picture of Aidan and Zoe at his most recent soccer match. I gotta get one of those little chairs for Z. A whole hour is just too long for a little girl to be standing. It is too long for this much older woman to be standing...

We have no interior doors today. As the last thing of THIS renovation, the new doors are now drying in the garage after getting a sparkling coat of 'right white' from Restoration Hardware.

As for the rest of the house... I think we will probably need to paint soon or else those white doors will look really odd, but I just can't make myself commit to more mess.

One more note about our contractor: Our project came in UNDER budget by $1000! I have never experienced such joy. UNDER budget. Right on time. Wow.

Meanwhile, so many friends had commented on my facebook page that they are shocked that I hadn't been eating TJ's frozen foods since I wrote a status that I was 'discovering' them.

Truth be told, we have been eating a lot of their vegetarian corn dogs over the years- Aidan eats two in one sitting. I also like their already-cooked-just-microwave Thai potstickers- I leave them in the freezer at work. However, I have this guilt whenever I feed my family dinner from the frozen food aisle, like it isn't real food. I guess growing up, my mom always made dinner from scratch, nothing fancy, but everything came from a recognizable living being that was recently very much alive, either a cabbage or a whole fish. Therefore to me, to microwave up something seems like cheating. I try really hard to not just heat and serve for dinner, but am giving myself a break for lunch.

The most recent discoveries though, has been their frozen desserts. I get chocolate croissants regularly (although they puff up WAY more in summer than winter), tiny cheesecakes, raspberry filled donut holes, and tonight, chocolate lava cakes. Yummers.

1 comment:

Rebecca M said...

Ooh! I also suffer from frozen food guilt! (Although, after my parents got divorced, money was so tight for awhile that we lived on Budget Gourmet almost exclusively-79 cent "dinners". :-(). My real vice is the chicken taquitos from TJs. I love them. A lot. So much that I will eat more than the recommended serving in one sitting.