Monday, September 29, 2008

Pictures and Stuff

How about them stock market!

As I drove around and listened to my radio, I was surprised how naive some of these US Congress folks sounded. There is this guy, who represents some district over in East Bay, who said that there needs to be no bail out. Something about Goldman Sachs is a hedge fund and that is how it got in trouble and it should just die. Something about Charles Schwab only exists to move money around and therefore, it will be fine.

Well, I am no economist, but I think Charles Schwab has an investment division and its purpose is to make money for Charles Schwab itself. Also, the credit mess is now becoming problematic as small businesses can't get loans, you know, that is about 75% of the US economy. But whatever.

I have things to do. Like making bread. In light of the economy, I have been restraining myself to not spend money. Therefore, making bread sounds like a good way to eat better, and save a few bucks. The cinnamon bread that we love is about $7 a loaf. SEVEN bucks. So I have made bread. In the last seven days, I have made cinnamon swirl bread, hot cross buns (I know, totally the wrong season...), cinnamon buns, and tonight, a challah is baking in the oven as I type.





With all this carbs, I think we are just getting fat...

Meanwhile, here are just some precious pictures of the A&Z.





Finally, I found out via facebook, that my med school friends, D and E, just had their THIRD baby. D is a surgeon, and E is an ER doc, and they have THREE boys under the age of 5. THREE BOYS under the age of FIVE. It has to be crazy busy there, but I can also picture the holidays, when the boys are grown, with their own families. SO FUN! Congrats! D and E!

No comments: