I just found another colleague who wants to make music together! She had been looking for a singer actually, and it will be awesome! We even made plans to get together to read through some music, of course, that appointment wouldn't be until the end of the month. What is up with making appointments with my fellow psychiatrists? Whenever I want to see Wes, whom I trained with, we make lunch plans about 10 weeks out. Anyway, she said she was really excited to accompany me, especially for pieces that would be challenging for her. I was excited to have my new version of Paul again.
Paul was the faithful accompanist I had all through out college- Mr. Paul was simply awesome. There was nothing that Paul couldn't do. I really miss him.
I also really miss MaryBeth- my sweet voice teacher.
I had no idea how GOOD I had it in college- to have an hour long singing lesson every week, with another hour for singing for my peers. All of which were properly accompanied. With no extra cost to my tuition! Good times, good times.
In terms of reading, I stayed up late last night and finished A Thousand Spendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. An amazing story, totally on par with his first book, The Kite Runner. I thought I had problems... Mariam and Laila had problems. While the book is fictional, I am quite certain similar stories happened. High recommend it!
I am now going to read my tax return from 2006. We got a letter from IRS about that... S.U.C.K.S.
Tickets Available For Brooklyn Heights Association’s 2026 Designer
Showhouse; BHA Receives Grant for Commercial Development
-
As we noted here, the Brooklyn Heights Association’s 2026 Designer
Showhouse is the recently restored 1 Monroe Place. It will be open starting
Friday, Octo...
1 week ago
1 comment:
And LISTENING to your peers too..right? right? Especially me, I know. LOL. Do you remember "Movie in my Mind?" I still laugh when I think about it for some reason. Have you been in touch with MB? She got married. :-) You should shoot Paul an e-mail...I'm sure he'd be thrilled to hear from you.
Yeah, I certainly miss my voice lesson days too.
Post a Comment