Friday, January 23, 2009

Bye!



It is time to start my good-byes at work. It is official, my ed leave time is approved, and the announcement has been made at our staff meeting.

Just today, after checking in and discussing medication issues with a sweet patient, I say:
"Well, I want to talk about something. About me."
Patient: "You're leaving, aren't you?"
Me: "Yes, I will be here until the end of March."
Patient: "Everybody leaves me!"
We talk about how she has seen 3 doctors in the last 3 years (she started with a resident, who graduated in 2006, then saw my predecessor for about 10 months, who then retired, and then I started.) This is really the worst part about leaving: Saying good-bye.

But then again, I have patients who are thrilled to be getting a new doctor. Patients that don't agree with my treatment plan. Like the person that I insist he goes to a substance treatment group before I would dispense his medications. He is really happy that he will get a new doctor. Little does he know, that I will make sure the next doctor follows my plan!

1 comment:

slowpoke said...

michelle, you are so cute! i just read like 4 or more posts in one huge sitting. i am trying to do meal planning too... i am sooooo slow at everything. don't know if/when i'll get to that meme thingy 25 things, etc