Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Genetic Loading

After baby-sitting A&Z's cousins over the weekend, and seeing how mellow P&V are, I asked Hubby this question at bath time today. "Why are A&Z so stubborn and so head strong? Why are P&V so mellow?" Hubby said, "Look at the genes at A&Z have!"
No kidding. Hubby and I are both pretty stubborn, and I am a feisty one. No wonder when I try to wipe Z's nose, she turns her head and fights me each and every time, unlike V, who just sits quietly and lets me wipe. Almost like I am doing a favor for her, which I am.

It is also evident that A&Z have my 'must keep everything orderly' gene. It is true, I want my house to look at a set for a TV show. Always clean, shiny, and airy. (My most stressful part of the day? When we get home and there are a gabillion bags hanging out by the entrance, waiting to be put away.) Aidan has started to clean his room. He puts EVERYTHING away. Nothing is left on any of the surfaces. Everything HAS to be off the floor.

On Sunday afternoon, while Zoe, Hubby, and I napped, I told Aidan that he could clean the play room if he felt bored. By the time I woke up, his play room was picked clean. Things were stacked, the floor was free of Lego pieces!

Zoe is also a sorter and cleaner. She likes to stack her dolls. She also really enjoys throwing things away. A little concerning, since we do have things that are not garbage around here.

Anyway, this evening, after tucking A&Z in bed, we were downstairs doing the things that parents do, and we heard the door open, then it closed. Hubby went to investigate. We found this. I guess Aidan felt that a stray bath towel, left behind by his parents, would not be acceptable in their room. Out of sight, out of mind.

No comments: