Sunday, January 18, 2009

Deprived...

I had hoped that Hubby and I would be able to go on a date night over this long weekend, a sitter was arranged last month, and Aidan and I even made plans for his dinner.

He had seen this when we went grocery shopping a while ago, and he was enticed by the dessert options of these meals, in particular, fruit roll-ups. Imagine how disappointed he was, when we heard from our sitter late last night that she had to cancel. Aidan was in tears when we told him. After deliberations between Hubby and me, we decided to just let them have their TV dinners anyway.

A&Z were so happy. It was strange, perhaps not strange at all, how much they enjoyed it. (I loved, LOVED, TV dinners growing up. We only got to have them when my parents went to church meetings at night. Therefore, I loved, LOVED, church meetings.)

Sometimes, I feel like A&Z are totally deprived, since we don't have juice at home, they don't get juice boxes with lunch, there is hardly any candy here, and Aidan is about to turn 5 and he is just having his first taste of an American tradition. On the other hand, my parents probably shouldn't have let me eat top ramen EVERYDAY when I was in high school... But it was very yummy.

No comments: