Monday, January 26, 2009

My Little Ewoks


Aidan is doing GREAT with his reading lessons. According to our book, after these 100 lessons, he will be able to read. I am so excited- just think, no more reciting Star Wars books to him, although, I am sure I will miss all the snuggling that we do when we read. Every evening, we complete a lesson, and we are on lesson 14 for tomorrow. He CAN read. Things like, "See me eat." Granted, not Nobel prize worthy, but, I am just so excited for him.

Since it is Chinese New Year's, Aidan has made off like a little bandit with his red envelop money, and where else to spend his loot except for the Lego Store? Even our stairs have become part of the battle field.


Zoe is loving her dolls, tucking them in, dragging them around, and soon, dressing them. =) I don't know if I am more excited about that than she is. But she is just so sweet. Interestingly, she doesn't have to have a certain doll. She actually switches her choice daily for the one that makes the trip to school. A few weeks ago, Hubby forgot to take dollie with her to school, and she still took a long nap with a loaner. It was actually quite the drama when I had to convince her to leave the loaner at school.

She is also speaking more in her quiet, sweet, voice. Soon, I will have two verbal children, and I will not be able to get two words in at dinner. By the way, she is quite the climber, and I am realizing that in a few more months, she will outgrow the crib!!! It will be the end of an era! (But I am eager to see how much our Pottery Barn Crib will fetch on craigslist. Anyone looking for an excellent, quiet, crib?)

I did breakdown and buy these kids some rain boots. Never mind that we are in the midst of a drought, but these were so cute and were screaming for me for get them. Aidan was ecstatic. Zoe was lukewarm, until Aidan wore his. The power of peer pressure...


As for meal planning, I did plan out the menu for 35 days- Fridays were the easiest, "Take Out." However, no such meals have materialized yet. That involves an organized trip of grocery shopping.

No comments: