See, I have started with my previous post of Kirkland's Fruit Snacks (which is the exactly the kind that Aidan was hiding.)
Today, my picture is this:

I thought I was being the brilliant gift giver when I bought variations of the above set for a few kids this past December. We gave a set to Aidan's friend from school for his birthday, his boy cousins got the airplane origami set, and his girl cousins got the animal set. I figured that this gift would develop their fine motor skills, abilities to follow directions, a new toy to play with everyday, and best of all, it wouldn't be permanent clutter for their parents.
HA! The joke is on me! Aidan, of course, got a set as well. So, everyday, he wants to fold airplanes. Let me rephrase, he wants ME to fold airplanes! I have not folded origami as a kid and crafts, in general, not my cup of tea. Imagine, if you will, Zoe sitting on my lap wanting to help, Aidan standing by my side, supervising. Me, trying to figure out exactly what the directions mean when it says, "Collapse it into figure #9."
So far, we have made all kinds of planes. Some planes are made just half way through, because I can't figure it out. But today, I successfully made a NASA Shuttle Carrier, a big plane with a space shuttle on top! Totally cool.
I have about 357 of these left to do...
No comments:
Post a Comment