
Dear Mrs. Obama,
I know it is a strange time of day to be writing you a letter, but alas, I am awake at 3 am PST, so here it goes.
Congratulations on your recent move to the most powerful residence of the country, perhaps of the world. I am excited for you and your family. It is good to know that your mom will be there for the girls and for you and President Obama, since you and President Obama will be quite busy and a mother's support is priceless.
I would like to make it request that you make the needs of working mothers an agenda of your office. For instance, do you find it odd that dependent care is capped to $5000 pre-tax dollars, per family? I mean, shouldn't the unit be per child? The more children a family has, the more money they spend on childcare, and therefore, they need more tax savings. It is things like this, that make it hard for moms to stay in the work force. (Or is there a chance for conspiracy theory here, that since there are so many job losses, might as well make some women voluntarily leave the work force?)
Meanwhile, I also would like to warn you about this country. Indeed, we are a country wanting change, and I am excited that the people are excited. Even though I did not vote for your husband last November, I am looking forward to a different administration and I am certain that God has called your husband to this duty.
Here is my warning though: The American people are kind of, well, borderline. My evidence is this, President Bush had the highest approval rating EVER, AND, the lowest approval rating, EVER. Such over-valuing and de-valuing of a person can only mean two things, that either we base our opinions on too few facts, or, the American people can be kind of psychotic. If you would like for me to further explain borderline personality disorders, I would be delighted. However, since you went to law school and such, I am quite certain you're familiar with cluster B personality disorders.
Also, I would like for you to pick some bones with the Clintons- since no one really listens to me (certainly my kids don't listen to me). If we are saying that presidential policies really make a difference in our economy, how come we are not dissecting what happened under the Clinton administration, when the foundations of the current economic crisis began?
Anyway, I hope the FBI will not view this letter as a threat, because it is certainly not. But perhaps by writing a blog entry using words like, warning, FBI, Clintons, your name, and pick bones, I have totally gotten myself in trouble. On the other hand, I am just a really tired working mother, who cannot sleep at 3 am.
God bless,
A&Z's Mom
4 comments:
Dear Blog Writer,
You have especially silly thoughts at 3am, but it's nice to have something to read before the arrival of the paper.
"...either we base our opinions on too few facts, or, the American people can be kind of psychotic." HAHAHA
Just for the record, I *never* had a good opinion of Bush. Does that mean I'm not psychotic?? ;)
I love it, Michelle!
you are indeed silly. SILLY SILLY=p
Post a Comment