Saturday, January 17, 2009

Let There Be Light



This morning, while Hubby was in Marin for a photo shoot, I took A&Z to OSH to pick up some plants. We were strangely drawn to their mesmerizing seed collection. If A&Z had no limits, they would have grabbed EVERY single packet there, even I was wanting to grow watermelons! They had seeds for yellow and orange watermelons! But alas, our home simply could not accommodate such large globes.

Even the seeds we did get, such as sweet pea, carrots, strawberries, and tomatoes will still have some dubious future in our patio- we simply do not get enough sun. While the patio does get some western exposure, the garage blocks the last few glorious hours of light.

The solution: Lighting Systems! I cannot believe I haven't thought about this before, given how I complain about wanting a better gardening space spring after spring. So obvious! I am asking for a lighting system from Hubby for my anniversary present, it is going to be AWESOME. While it is not all that green, and the system itself is not cheap and the electricity bill will increase, it will still cost less than buying a big house with a big garden!

I wonder if our neighbors will think I am growing some good old Mary Jane, like Grace did in Saving Grace. (BTW, awesome movie, high recommend it.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE Saving Grace! We watched it in Vancouver on our honeymoon. Good times. That actress is awesome, I've loved all her movies.

Just me said...

You guys honeymooned in Vancouver also? We loved our trip there. =) But getting this lamp is actually complicated, I have no idea what to look for, how to mount the lamp...etc. Maybe easier to buy the house next door to you! =)