
Our first major illness of the season arrived on Friday- Zoe woke up from her nap but refused to get off her mat, and just cried. Her teacher checked her temp and it was high enough that she needed to be picked up within an hour. I was in a meeting so Hubby took off and got both kids.
At least it happened on a Friday. Meanwhile, Zoe had been just unhappy, unclear if totally due to an upper respiratory bug, or also teething- half of her face was visibly bigger and I could palpate a new tooth!
When our kids get sick, they get really cuddly. But they also have very strong preferences as to which parent could take care of them. The tricky thing is that the favored parent can quickly lose all allure, without any obvious misstep. I was the favored one on Friday, and Hubby cleared won that title today.
So I took what I could get. Hubby came by and saw us sitting quietly, he said, "Don't move." Then he ran for his camera, and snapped away. It is good to have my own personal, professional, photographer. Also good that the lighting was just right, and there was no fussing with his strobe lights.
No comments:
Post a Comment