Fourteen months after we swapped rooms with Zoe, I finally got new lighting for our room. (We had swapped rooms for two reasons, my very noisy neighbor who likes to get up early and play very loud music, and she needed to be sleep trained and I need more doors to separate her screaming and me.)
On our date night, Hubby and I went lamp shopping. And thanks to my sweet reader A, who faithfully sends us Pottery Barn Family and Friend coupons every time they are available, we found quite a deal at Pottery Barn! We also found a reading lamp for Hubby, who likes to stay up late and drive me batty with his light- I have snarled at him quite a bit as a newly wed about this. He found a laser beam like, very concentrated, lamp at Ikea! After paying the sitter, these lamps weren't that great of a deal anymore... Does anyone have coupons for sitters?
When we got home, with the momentum going, Hubby removed the previous office-like lamps from the walls (they were hideous but very functional.) That's right, when we turned this former office into Zoe's nursery, I never bothered with lighting. Whatever, why would this baby care?! The only light we would probably ever use was going to be the night light anyway. BTW, Hubby and I had originally wanted to install recessed lighting into Aidan's room before he was born, a colleague heard about my plan and said, "What are you going to do with that baby in the nursery? Physics? Organic chemistry? Babies like really muted lighting!"
If only I can commit to a paint color and get this over with... On the other hand, we got our Compassion International brochure that detailed how children are starving around the world. For instance, in Ethiopia, the families that have special connections with Compassion, who otherwise would have nothing, have had to cut down their meals to ONE meal a day, of DRY BREAD. I can't imagine how much A&Z would complain if they only had dry bread to eat, once a day. Maybe I just don't paint, save my money, enjoy my existing bad colors (and call it some kind of post-post-post-modern art) and send the money to these starving people instead. If that really happens, it wouldn't be out of my generosity, but probably out of my laziness!
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey there!
Thanks so much for mentioning Compassion International in your post.
Do you currently sponsor a child through Compassion?
I took notice that you did not have a link to Compassion in your post.
Would you mind doing so?
You can link to http://www.compassion.com .
Also, are you familiar with Compassion's blog? If not, you can check them out by visiting http://blog.compassion.com .
Thanks!
Zach
Post a Comment