In the middle of the night, I woke up, and thought, "Self, you gotta go take care of that loaf of bread that is rising. Time to do something with it." As I grabbed my glasses and marched downstairs, I caught myself, "Dude, are you crazy? Go back to sleep."
You see, I was studying various bread recipes right before I went to sleep, and debated the optimal way to make a delicious loaf of brioche.
Brioche is a very buttery bread, and requires a rising in the fridge between 8-24 hours. It is difficult for me to line up my schedule just so, to accommodate for the first long rising, and then the second rising of about 2 hours, and another hour to actually ke it.
I must say, in a strange way, I am proud that I stay on task even in my sleep!
It has been interesting, fun, and super tasty to try out different recipes. At the same time, a little frightening how much butter is in one loaf of brioche (16 tablespoons.)
BTW, I can't take all the credit for all this bread making recently, my trusty Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer does almost all the work- I just measure and dump. I do not want to use my hands to mix in 16 tablespoons of butter into some dough, can you imagine how sticky and greasy it would have been?
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment