You know you're in trouble when you rush and rush and rush, and you sort of rudely cut people off...
I was somewhat late to clinic. As I was walking up to the entrance, I saw this Chinese couple and they got to the door first, the guy opened the door for the lady, but the lady was SO slow, and since it was a big door, I said, "Excuse me. Thank you." And squeezed through.
I then found the receptionist to check if I had a new patient at 10. And guess who my new patient at 10 was? The lady who was all slow! What a bad impression I made. I am one rude, people-cutting-off, running late, kind of doctor. Sigh.
Then, I realized this: My Mandarin is BAD. My conversational Mandarin isn't too bad, but my psychiatric vocabulary is quite poor. Therefore, at baseline, when I have to see people who only speak Mandarin, I sound kinda of dumb. So, to these people, I became one rude, people-cutting-off, running late, and dumb, kind of doctor.
After an hour and half of this, it was almost lunch time and I was exhausted. I decided to go home for a nap. I was deep in dream land, when I heard the bell from elementary-school-across-the-street, and glanced at my watch. It was 1:30. My patient was scheduled at 1:30. Of course, this patient was the kind that always kept her appointment and arrived on time. I got back into the office at 1:40. And I bet she thought I was one rude, people-cutting-off, running late because she was NAPPING, and dumb, kind of doctor.
Awesome.
What the clinic needs is a separate staff entrance. What I need is an alarm clock.
As for our general health. Aidan is back to his energetic self, one who has to get all the missed jokes from the last four days into today. Hubby seems better. Zoe, however, is status unclear. I am waiting for retirement to get to my usual state of health.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment